Call for workshops
Invitation and dates
The Web Conference 2019 invites submissions for workshop proposals on current and emergent Web topics. Workshop attendants will be given the opportunity to exchange ideas and experience, establish common ground in research areas or practical problems, and identify new opportunities for collaboration and new directions for future work.
The theme of the Web conference for 2019 is an inclusive, balanced, and neutral Web, a Web for Good. Workshops on topics related to that theme are highly encouraged.
Workshop proposals should be in English and contain no more than five (5) pages in length (10pt with reasonable margins). They must be in PDF or plain unformatted text (.txt). Furthermore, they should follow the outline below:
- A concise title
- The names, affiliations, and contact information of the organizers
- Proposed duration of the workshop – half or full day
- Explanation of why the proposed workshop is a good match for The Web Conference 2019
- A statement of the workshop objectives
- A two-paragraph description of the workshop topics and themes
- A tentative Program Committee list (with indication of whether PC members have already been contacted and/or have expressed interest)
- Expected number of participants
- If the workshop was held before, please give details on the location and dates, number of participants, number of submissions, and number of accepted papers
- A short bio of the workshop organizers, including a description of their relevant qualifications and past experience in organizing workshops or research meetings
The decision about acceptance or rejection of workshop proposals will be made by the Workshop Chairs in consultation with the General and Program Committee Chairs, taking into account several factors including overall quality, the topic fit with respect to The Web Conference 2019, the coverage of the topic in other tracks of the conference, the estimated number of attendees for the workshop, and venue capacity.
The organizers of accepted workshops will be responsible for their own review process and publicity (e.g., website). They are required to cooperate closely with the workshop chairs and The Web Conference 2019 local organizers to finalize all details, provide input for publicity to The Web Conference 2019 organizers, etc. In particular, local organizers may require that all workshops adhere to a specific general timetable to facilitate catering. Accepted workshops will be scheduled so as to avoid conflicts with conference sessions in similar or related areas.
Workshops will benefit from the registration process of The Web Conference 2019. If the organizers of a workshop choose to charge additional fees to cover meals, etc., they must inform the General Chairs of their intent and must manage the process on their own.
Workshop organizers must inform the Workshop Chairs of the numbers of submissions and acceptances as these numbers become available. Workshops with fewer than 15 expected registrants may be canceled at the discretion of the conference organizers. Only accepted workshops are official The Web Conference workshops and enjoy the support mentioned above. Workshop timelines (deadlines for submissions, notification, camera-ready papers) are proposed by the workshop organizers in agreement with the The Web Conference 2019 workshop chairs.
The proceedings of the workshops will be published jointly with the conference proceedings. All workshop papers should be no more than 10 pages in length. Papers must be submitted in PDF according to the ACM format published in the ACM guidelines (www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template), selecting the generic “sigconf” sample. The PDF files must have all non-standard fonts embedded. Workshop papers must be self-contained and in English.
- Proposal submission deadline
- Nov 11 2018
- Acceptance notification
- Nov 30 2018
- Suggested workshop paper submission deadline
- Jan 10 2019
- Suggested workshop paper acceptance notification
- Feb 14 2019
- Workshop paper camera-ready version due
- Mar 3 2019
- Workshop TheWebConf 2019